Benefits of Short-Term Rehabilitation for Seniors
If you’re recovering from a planned surgery or unexpected injury, your doctor may recommend short-term rehabilitation. The ideal time to enter rehab is immediately following a procedure before going home, but many seniors are reluctant to commit. It’s important to trust your physician and follow their recommendations for a speedy and productive recovery. Depending on where you live, your options may include stand-alone rehab centers, rehab departments within hospitals, and senior living communities with a dedicated area (sometimes called “neighborhood”) for rehab.
What Is Short-Term Rehabilitation?
Short-term senior rehabilitation for the elderly provides 24/7 medical and therapeutic services to older adults following an injury, accident, or illness. These services are intended for temporary use, and most individuals experience recovery within weeks or a couple of months.
What Are the Benefits of a Short-Term Rehab Center within a Senior Living Community?
Short-term rehabilitation for the eldelry can provide numerous benefits in a variety of circumstances. Senior living communities tailor short-term senior rehabilitation to your needs, offering numerous services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies. Some of the other beneficial reasons to consider short-term rehab within a full-service senior living community include:
- Warm, Caring Environment – During your recovery journey, you need the support of the people around you. At Autumn Leaves, you’ll find a welcoming, homelike environment with friendly, highly trained rehab specialists. Many people prefer the ambience of such a setting over a more clinical environment they might find in a hospital rehab department.
- Help Is Always Available – If you choose to go immediately home after a surgery or accident, you rely on family and friends to provide the support you need. Since your family can’t offer 24/7 care, you might not get the immediate attention you need. At Autumn Leaves, licensed caregivers are on-site day and night, so someone is always available to help.
- On-Site Therapy – As mentioned earlier, senior rehabilitation facilities provide various therapies on-site so that short-term residents can access the care they need. Autumn Leaves offers a highly qualified staff of therapists, nurses, physicians and more. Having access to physical, occupational and speech therapy can speed up recovery and ensure the quickest path to healing.
- Organized Activities – Autumn Leaves is a full-service senior living community that offers numerous inviting amenities, convenient services and interesting activities for all to enjoy. While you may be only a short-term guest, you’re welcome to take advantage of the many opportunities around you. So while you’re doing the hard work of rehabilitation, you can also expect chef-prepared meals and good times at social events.
- Make Recovery a Priority – If you go back to your everyday life immediately after a hospital stay or surgery, you’re responsible for keeping up with day-to-day home maintenance. Short-term rehabilitation for the elderly offers a respite from home maintenance. Residents don’t have to worry about household responsibilities and can instead focus all efforts on recovery.
Short-term rehabilitation for the edlerly has many advantages, and if you’ve been planning to explore your options, speak with your doctor and come up with a plan that helps you get back on your feet as quickly as possible.
Recover Faster with Senior Rehabilitation at Autumn Leaves
You can count on the Autumn Leaves Road to Recovery program when searching for short-term post-acute care and senior rehabilitation following an illness, injury, or surgery. Rest easy knowing Autumn Leaves is Medicare/Medicaid-Certified, too.
Interested in touring our senior living community? You’re invited to schedule a personal visit to explore the aspects of our community that are most important to your recovery journey.